DEVENEY IS HIRING!
DEVENEY is looking for an Advertising Supervisor to join their team!
DEVENEY is creative marketing agency that develops strategic engagement plans to motivate a brand’s biggest fans into action. With locations in New Orleans and West Palm Beach, we are an award-winning firm that’s been internationally recognized for our PR, digital and creative services.
We’re growing and it’s happening fast.
If you’re a self-starter, big idea person with a knack for strategy, a creative eye and a way with clients, then we need to talk.
We’re currently searching for an Advertising Supervisor to help lead a team of Account Executives (AEs) and Account Coordinators (ACs) who are smart, savvy and full of drive. You’ll mentor them and help our clients achieve and exceed their goals.
What we’re looking for: Advertising Supervisor
We are looking for an Advertising Supervisor who has led and mentored a team of six (6) or more, someone who has worked on regional and national accounts, created and managed budgets big and small, someone who has experience working in every medium, who’s strategic and can write a brief that’s actually brief with all the information needed to make the work a success. Plus, we want someone who can do all of this with a positive attitude, living up to our code of ethics, high standards and our DEVENEY motto: Do exceptional work and have a great time doing it.
Does this sound like you?
If so, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
2. 3-5 references
3. Full salary requirements
Required Experience and Competencies
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in Account Service at a full-service advertising or branding agency, with leadership experience in planning, insights, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates projects with outside resources to facilitate production of deliverables
- Ensures all correspondences, materials, presentations, proposals seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s goals and needs
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective client requirements
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms • Shares and imports best practices and resources with peers within the broader DEVENEY network
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner
People and Team
- Understands team interaction and roles of each team member
- Performs well in a team environment
- Mentors and trains other members of the Account Services team in areas of business acumen, strategic thinking, thought leadership, brand management, client management and problem solving
- Collaborates with the wider team – leadership, designers, consultants, production – to agree on appropriate resources and ensure high quality deliverables are delivered on time and on budget
- Monitors the flow of information between a client and the account team, ensuring milestones are met and advising or stepping in when needed to ensure good client relations and mentoring.
- Acts as the highest point of contact for clients and is responsible for developing and fostering client relationship to ensure that they are confident and comfortable with the team
- Responsible for identifying and solving any potential roadblocks to ensure that account is run smoothly and successfully
- Becomes the DEVENEY authority on the client’s marketing plan, business, organizational structure, culture, politics, financial processes, budgets, competitors, business challenges and opportunities, and industry trends • Works with the client to identify business opportunities in other areas of their business
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Ensures that everything we produce meets DEVENEY standards and delivers against the brand strategy and business objectives
- Leads brand discussions, client workshops, brainstorms and development of strategic deliverables
- Creates competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Effectively leads strategic design sessions with senior client groups
- Proactively identifies organic growth opportunities with existing clients
- Persuasive leadership, presentation and negotiation skills
- Leads revenue growth within existing client relationships
- Supports others in achieving new growth targets and developing new revenue streams
Finance and Business Acumen
- Facilitates internal agreement, across functions, on the hours and resources required to deliver a project
- Ensures project teams are kept up-to-date with targets, budget allocation, budget drawdown and profitability
- Takes overall responsibility for achieving revenue targets both in terms of income and profit for the Account Service team
Competencies for Success
- Strategic agility
- Conceptual thinker
- Powerful communicator – exceptional presentation skills and written communication skills
- Comfort around higher management – corporate suite presence and polish
- Drive for results – able to pitch and close business
- Developer of direct reports and others
- Builder of effective teams
- Learning on the fly
- Flexibility and patience to deal with ambiguity and changing priorities
- Highly organized and skillful planner
- Organizational agility
- Financial agility – able to deliver against established financial goals and metrics
- Ability to establish and manage a vision and purpose
- Motivational leader
The Nitty Gritty:
- Primary Industry: Marketing – Branding
- Secondary Industry: Marketing – Management
- Career Level: Manager/Supervisor
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s (MBA a plus)
- Job Status: Full-time