The Marketing Center (TMC) is no ordinary advertising agency, and we seek extraordinary team members.
Founded 23 years ago in New Orleans, we had the idea to adopt an “industry niche” approach. With such focus, we developed a national reputation for our expertise – a strategy that positioned us as one of the fastest growing agencies in the New Orleans area with clients from coast to coast.
Currently, TMC seeks a DIGITAL STRATEGIST to provide the necessary leadership to ensure the Interactive side of the agency has the proper operational controls, staffing and strategy in place to support current and new business, including our goals for growth. The Digital Strategist is responsible for the department’s continued quality, profitability and growth of all products and functions, as well as the performance and development of those department staff members.
A primary function of the Digital Strategist is to improve and maximize the firm’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in the areas of digital marketing and technology-driven marketing initiatives. He/she should serve as a resource, advisor, mentor, and evangelist in and for the agency.
The Digital Strategist has responsibility for managing, mentoring and the professional growth of the agency Interactive team. While this is a leadership position, s/he is expected to be hands-on in providing our agency and clients with Interactive services and products. In addition to delegation and planning, s/he must be an active contributor in the completion of client deliverables. The Digital Strategist should lead by example in terms of work ethic.
Working with the rest of the client team, help define scope and recommended approach for major digital projects for clients. Lead digital “evangelization” initiatives within the firm; create product plans for new initiatives.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THE DIGITAL STRATEGIST:
SEO / SEM Analyst
Developer (outside; not employee)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
Serve as thought leader in aligning digital marketing strategy with both the agency’s and clients’ business goals and objectives.
Play an active role on client engagements, serving as a digital strategy advisor to both agency account leads (internal) and clients (external). Lead the development and presentation of Interactive products/services “business plans.”
Codify and publish formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching digital assignments within the firm.
Play an active role in new client acquisition and new business presentations.
Provide methodological support, coaching, professional development and training to team members. Participate in evaluating the digital IQ of potential associates.
Foster a cooperative, accountable and success-oriented culture within the agency, with the goal of maximizing employee morale and productivity.
Manage vendors and business partners, handling contract negotiations and ongoing maintenance to ensure the best interests of the company are met.
Advocate for our clients; ensure high quality service at all client touch points to maintain trust and loyalty and confidence that our clients’ marketing couldn’t be in better hands.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
7+ years’ experience in digital marketing at an advertising or Interactive agency.
Team player with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
Demonstrated success as a manager and leader of high-performing teams.
Persuasive and engaging oral and written communicator.
Ability to thrive in a fluid and entrepreneurial environment.
In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and digital disciplines (including audience identification and analysis, targeting, experience design, digital production, and online analytics)
Strong familiarity with digital metrics. Technical skills expected include:
o Basic HTML/CSS
o Knowledge of CMS applications such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla
o Use of Firebug in Firefox and inspecting element in Chrome
o Implementing SEO best practice action items
o Experience with QA testing and A/B testing, prior work with automation tools such as Selenium and Optimizely a plus
o Expression Engine is a plus
Experience in business development and sales a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Unless otherwise agreed in advance, this position requires maintaining a current driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
Freelance or non-agency side Interactive projects may not be permitted and must be approved in advance by agency owners.
Please send an introductory/cover letter, a pdf or link of your resume and any examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Marketing Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DEVENEY, an award-winning marketing firm in New Orleans, seeks creative director.
The creative director at DEVENEY is responsible for all creative operations of the advertising and digital departments, to include staff supervision, team mentorship, work production and quality assurance. This person directs the team’s activities to maintain the agency’s standards of creative excellence, timeliness and profitability, while achieving the clients’ goals. The creative director resolves operational conflicts, ensures a collaborative work space and fosters the talent of each team member. This position requires an experienced presenter, senior-level client contact, strategic thinker, business development approach and dynamic leader.
• Lead creative kick-off sessions.
• Manage multiple projects through completion.
• Ensure the timely development and execution of plans, campaigns, and projects to assure earnings, growth, and profit goals are achieved.
• Plan, develop, and manage budget recommendations, work goals, measurements, and training requirements necessary to provide both profitable and quality service to clients.
• Provide detailed information and cost estimates to assure accurate data on which to plan and develop functional objectives and budgets leading to stable and profitable accounts.
• Support other functions within the company as requested and as resources permit.
• Provide leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the agency to the team.
• Oversee creative consultations with account teams to assure appropriate creative strategies, adequacy/accuracy of input, schedules, budgets, production support, necessary reviews, and client presentations.
• Train and supervise assigned writers, designers, production/project managers; oversees their execution of all creative efforts to ensure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule.
• Assure the staff adheres to established agency policy/procedures.
• Maintain external professional relationships to assure the ongoing availability of specialized expertise, gifted freelancers, and reputable studios/producers when their services are required.
• Contribute to creative campaigns by copywriting, designing, concepting, etc. as needed.
• Mentor staff, maintains retention of team and fosters growth.
• Hire, manage and evaluate the team.
• Establish benchmarks and maintain existing process of creative department.
• Participate in new business efforts as directed.
• Contribute in planning overall agency growth strategies and implementation.
• Facilitate and promote agency initiatives and values.
• 10 years or more experience in agency leadership
• Previous role as a creative director
• Deep understanding across the channels of digital, print and broadcast
• Strong expertise in the areas of art direction and graphic design
• Proficient use of design programs
• Understanding of web development, a plus
• Versed across all disciplines of marketing
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Collaboration, enthusiasm, mentorship and leadership
DEVENEY is a New Orleans-based marketing company with an unmatched culture. We do exceptional work, and have a great time doing it.
Nearly 19 years ago, DEVENEY opened its doors as a public relations firm, and has since expanded to include advertising and digital departments. We excel in advancing clients through comprehensive marketing and communication solutions. Our areas of expertise fall under three focuses: LifeSTYLE (tourism, hospitality, food and beverage, etc.), LifeCARE (healthcare, hospitals, insurance, etc.) and CRISIS (incident/crisis response and management). DEVENEY represents clients around the globe.
For nine years, DEVENEY has been declared one of the Best Places to Work by New Orleans CityBusiness. In 2013, PR News named DEVENEY Firm of the Year. Our work has earned recognition year after year. Most recently, DEVENEY was awarded two AVA Digital Awards and a highly coveted Addy.
We are proud of our team and hoping to add a highly creative leader to the mix.
If you’re interested in being a part of our award-winning agency, please submit a resume, work samples and references to email@example.com with Creative Director in the subject line, by Wednesday, April 22, 2015.
DEVENEY is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. DEVENEY does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age or disability.
To view this post on our website, visit: www.deveney.com.
The SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (AE) is a proactive liaison, representing The Marketing Center (TMC) to our clients. She/he advocates for our clients and adds value to the client-agency relationship with analysis and insights of the client brand and results. She/he works with various agency departments to ensure all client work moves through the agency in a timely and efficient manner with high attention to detail and quality.
She/he is responsible for gaining new business from existing clients, and will play a supportive role in new business development as we expand into additional fields, markets and services.
The AE is responsible for maintaining our high agency standards consistently throughout all his/her work to ensure all clients believe their marketing could not be in better hands.
The Senior AE should be seen as a leader and role model on the team in regards to promoting customer service, professionalism, teamwork, and profitability.
She/he is responsible for watching over progress of assigned clients’ work (internal traffic) with ultimate responsibility for ensuring it happens in a timely fashion and is our best possible quality. This may include task direction and “managing up” to more senior level employees up to and including the company president. She/he may be responsible for coaching or even direct management of Account Coordinator(s) or Jr. AEs and will supervise the work of outside vendors and related resources as appropriate.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include (but are not limited to):
Acts first and foremost as brand manager and advocate for the clients, regularly evaluating effectiveness of all marketing efforts and proposing alternative solutions where appropriate.
Completes preparation for most effective client meetings; gathers supporting background information and prepares analysis, reports and recommendations.
Stays apprised of client satisfaction levels as well as marketing developments, effectively communicating any findings to relevant agency personnel and recognizing opportunities to enhance value for the client.
Participates in and may facilitate annual client planning meetings:Leads the team in evaluation and analysis of clients’ past performance.
Collaborates with team to develop proposals to best maximize the clients’ revenue dollars.
Delivers well-prepared presentation of proposals to clients, improving overall client growth rates every year.
Overall Quality Assurance (QA) on everything sent to the client to ensure accuracy and clarity, including, but not limited to, project estimates, copy and design.
Represents the agency at industry functions— promoting the agency and looking for growth opportunities to benefit our clients at every opportunity. Can speak with authority on the agency credentials and specialties.
Performs additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management as appropriate.
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
At least 5 years of advertising agency account management experience.
Digital/interactive account experience required. Broadcast account experience preferred.
A positive, independently motivated and team-focused attitude with passion for continuous improvement.
A persuasive and engaging oral and written communicator.
Exceptional skills in planning, prioritization of multiple projects and tasks with meticulous attention to detail in a collaborative, fast-paced agency.
Ability to recognize and anticipate problems, and gather and analyze the information necessary to resolve those problems in an efficient, accurate and professional manner.
Reflective and analytical; appreciative of feedback and dedicated to improvement and self-development.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel; experience with Workamajig a plus.
Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a related field.
Please send an introductory/cover letter, a pdf or link to your resume and any examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Innovative Advertising seeks a motivated Graphic Designer to provide in-house graphic support to the marketing team to create and deliver compelling design solutions for the web, social media, print collateral, promotional items and audio/visual broadcast. The ideal candidate is energetic, self-motivated, a fast learner, tech-savvy, and a team player with a clean, simple, and engaging visual aesthetics. The qualified candidate will demonstrate creative, technical, and organizational skills that consistently exceed the expectations of our team.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Minimum 3+ years of graphic design experience
· Ability to multi‑task and stay organized
· Good understanding of fundamental design principles for web and print that affect typography, composition, color, use of space and hierarchy of information
· Knowledge of print production process including experience with preparing pre-press files
· Expert skills on Mac platform, Adobe Creative Suite a must
· Proficiency with video software such as Final Cut Pro, Premier Pro, After Effects a plus
· Background/knowledge of front-end web development a plus
Please email your resume with A PDF PORTFOLIO and/or demo reel of work to email@example.com
Telecommuting NOT allowed. This is a full-time, in-office position.
Location: New Orleans Area
Compensation: Based on Experience & Ability
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Cox Communications – Marketing Specialist
Responsible for the planning and coordination of event and sponsorship marketing within the local geography assigned in an effort to: activate the Cox brand locally; improve the company’s image/brand; maximize demand generation; and improve customer loyalty and customer retention. Assists with providing competitive monitoring in the local market geography.
The Marketing Specialist reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Events & Sponsorships and dotted lines to the Manager, Competitive Intelligence.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Conducts research and analysis of data needed in reviewing, planning, prioritizing, and budgeting for event/sponsorship opportunities
- Develops and provides reporting on activity results including ROI, key metrics, traffic and other metrics required to measure performance
- Recommends programs to increase market awareness, loyalty and improve market penetration
- Partners with Market VP, and market leaders within Public Relations/Government Affairs Cox Business and Cox Media to identify synergies in events, sponsorships, and/or partnerships opportunities enabling residential growth, B2B growth and brand awareness goals
- Assists with planning, and coordination of local events and activities to improve brand perception and generate sales leads
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure program and offer effectiveness and to identify areas of opportunity for branding, customer and revenue growth
- Utilizes mediums that include television, direct mail, print, radio, web and outdoor advertising as needed to promote specific events where appropriate
- Supports management with budget preparation and tracking of operational expenditures associated with market events/sponsorships
- Assists with marketing communications for employee meetings or other internal and external events in the local market
- Works with retail owners to plan and execute all retail store events in local market
- Provides geo-based support for product, acquisition, and retention campaign and any other program execution and training
- Provides geo-based support for competitive monitoring and cross-functional initiative execution
- Leads project activities to ensure on-time delivery and within established budget up to and including directing event staff (both contracted and in-house labor)
- Performs other duties and special projects as required
- 5 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
- 3 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- Proven success working in a highly competitive business environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at a senior level
- Strong presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills handling variety of assignments simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.)
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired