Join the Ad Club of New Orleans Thursday, October 9 at Joey K’s Uptown
The Idea Iceberg with Kody Chamberlain
Learn how to crush the competition by uncovering big ideas hidden just below the surface. In this inspiring presentation, Kody discusses a variety of oddball techniques for real-world creative thinking including data mining, oscillating notebooks, and pop culture creative advice from Bob Ross, Jaws, Bruce Lee, and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
November 6 – Luncheon – Brent McCrossen, CEO, Audiosocket
December 4 – After Hours
January 8 – Luncheon – LeeAnn Maxwell, CEO, Vixen Vodka
March 5 – Luncheon
April 9 – Crawfish Boil
April 30th – Student Luncheon
June 4th – After Hours
Imaginal Marketing Group is seeking a detail-oriented, multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills to keep our projects on track, our vendors happy and our clients thrilled with our products.
- A desire to learn & grow
- Problem solving skills beyond normal expectations
- A strong work ethic and sense of teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail that would scare a drill sergeant
- Organizational skills that would make your momma proud
- Uncanny ability to sniff out (and prevent) pitfalls
- Ridigity to deadlines like an abusive wedding planner
- Experience with Microsoft Word & Excel
- The ability to juggle multiple projects
- A firm yet personable demeanor you just can’t help respect and love
- Experience with Print Production and Pre-Press processes
- Background training in Graphic Design
We would love:
- A secret love of Excel and it’s formulas
- An unshakable frugality that keeps you up at night looking for a cheaper price on designer bags- because you just KNOW it’s out there for less
Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Determining print specifications (including paper types) for projects requested, communicate to internal team and vendors when ordering (via purchase order)
- Following up with vendors to obtain orders in a timely fashion, daily tracking of pieces and communication to project managers
- Securing competitive quotes from multiple vendors on new products, recommending best solution and pricing given budget and timelines
- Approving vendor proofs for production
- Enforcing print quality control based on client color palette and print history
- Expediting makegoods internally, providing cost-effective and timely solutions for reprints when needed
- Packaging files for print
- Assisting art directors on special projects when needed
Salary- $25,000- $40,000 depending on experience and skill set.
Emails only, no phone calls. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Join us this Thursday, September 11th at 11:30am, for our next luncheon! We’ll be at Lucy’s Retired Surfers Bar and Restaurant in the upstairs room and you won’t want to miss this food and insider look at TV.
Come learn about the new Fall TV lineup for the largest broadcast and broadcast networks. What shows should you be advertising on? What’s new in the world of reality TV or your favorite drama? We station affiliates lined up to walk you through their most successful shows and newest endeavors. Hear from representatives of:
- The CW
- and more!
Have a colleague, co-worker, or friend interested in advertising? Bring them to a luncheon or get them to join and you could win a great gift!
Job Opening for Media Planner/Buyer
Are you a pro at translating your clients’ needs into creative and successful media campaigns? Interested in developing your career in a team oriented, “work hard, play hard” environment? Do you want to be part of an award winning and successful agency? Then Zehnder Communications may be the place for you. We have an immediate opening for a Media Planner/Buyer in our New Orleans office. This position develops, evaluates, and advises on media plans best suited to meet established client requirements, budgets, and objectives. Executes media plans and buying responsibilities on all types of media, as required by client need.
Negotiates and purchases television, radio, print, out-of-home, Interactive, and other new or non-traditional media for all assigned accounts within established budgets
Works with Media Coordinators to ensure current and accurate media flowcharts and other budget documents are maintained
Monitors performance of all media buys and performs post-buy analysis when required
Meets with media vendors to stay informed of various media opportunities
Presents and justifies recommendations to internal team members and clients
Optimizes online media placements to ensure strongest possible ROI
- Degree in marketing, advertising, or related discipline
- One to two years experience in planning and buying media required, experience with all forms (broadcast, print, digital/online) strongly desired
- Minimum one year of in house media buying and/or agency experience required
- Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work both independently and within a team
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients and other employees
- Computer proficiency including Excel and Outlook, Mac experience a plus
- Proficient with media buying software such as Strata is required
- Experience with research software such as Scarborough and MRI is preferred
If you are interested, can excel in this role, and meet the minimum qualifications above, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Candidates must be willing to relocate themselves to New Orleans if not currently residing in the area. All submissions confidential. EOE.