The Associate Media Planner will assist our leaders in developing integrated media strategies and executing efficient online and offline media plans. We are looking for someone who loves media strategy and communicating with their key audiences in the most effective way possible.
Candidates must have at least 1 year of traditional and/or digital media experience. If you do not have this work experience, please include a cover letter outlining how the experience and skills you possess can be transferred to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the planners in the senior position for better execution of project by ensuring media projects adhere M&A processes, proofreading, presentation preparation, etc.
- Campaign launch through Sizmek or another digital ad serving platform
- To acquire knowledge on the demographic profiles and analyze the changing habits of the likes and dislikes of the targeted customers by completing baseline media search for designated audience segments via appropriate research tool.
- Create and initiate flow charts and reports and maintain the records of plans, schedules and the billing details of the client
- Assists MP/Sup/AMD in the distribution and collection of media RFPs. Evaluates proposals from the perspective of completion of proposal requirements (templates completed, presentations submitted in requested formats, etc.) and works w/ vendors to ensure that these requirements are met
- To keep updated with the latest trends in the market so as to get on the topmost position
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to deal with large volumes of numerical data
- Pulls media-related research at the request of the Media Planner/Sup/AMD
- Evaluates media vendors (both proactively and in response to vendor cold calls/emails) and, if said vendor meets requirements, AMP to coordinate a meeting or call w/ the vendor and the relevant members of the media team
- Assist in the development of client and/or internal POVs, at the direction and w/ the supervision of the Media Planner/Sup/AMD
- Update media plan presentations and/or flowcharts, as needed, to reflect campaign optimizations and budget shifts. Maintain an organized tracking system for these changes
- Strong communications skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Strong math skills used to understand media metrics, budget, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, and communications
- 1-3 years of traditional and digital media experience
- Comfortable working with budgets and numbers
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking capabilities and detail oriented
- Computer literate with proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint