PR Account Coordinator
Do great work. Make a difference. Have fun. Earn a fair profit. That’s Zehnder’s mission, and we’re inviting you to join us. We are seeking candidates for a seasoned Public Relations Coordinator in our New Orleans office. Think you might be the perfect fit? Read the details below and let us know why you’re the best person for the job.
Zehnder is one of the largest full-service advertising agencies in the Southeast providing a wide range of services, including strategic marketing, public relations, media placement, creative, social media, interactive design, and programming. With offices in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Nashville and Rosemary Beach, we’ve served clients in major markets throughout the country for more than 25 years. Our agency is comprised of seven departments, and we integrate each team’s diverse skillsets to create amazing, multifaceted campaigns for our clients. And we are proud to be selected as a New Orleans CItyBusiness Best Place to Work in 2022, our sixteenth such recognition!
The PR Coordinator’s role is to provide support for staff in the public relations department in their efforts to serve clients in a responsive, efficient, effective and accurate manner. Work as a member of an account team whose responsibilities include all of the public relations services we provide clients: strategic planning, research, writing, traditional and social media monitoring, clip tracking, event coordination, media and community relations, performance reporting and other promotional efforts. This person will be responsible for assisting with client service and communication and tasks designed to achieve clients’ public relations objectives in a manner that results in a profit to the agency. The PR Coordinator is expected to be a customer-centric, problem solver, superior at supporting internal teams and clients. This person should have a dynamic personality with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and clientele.
We offer a hybrid work model; part-time in office and part-time from home. Early Friday afternoon wrap ups and we are an ESOP owned company!!!
Performance Standards & Skills:
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to move build detailed monitoring reports
- Ability to monitor and consume hard news throughout every day
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Understanding of MailChimp, Cision/TV Eyes or other monitoring platforms is a bonus
- Knowledge of Confluence/Jira, Hootsuite or other social media platforms are a bonus
- Client satisfaction ratings are high. Clear communications exist between agency and client.
- Timesheets are completed daily.
- Work is on target, on time and within budget.
- Displays a positive attitude, patience, and flexibility in the workplace.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn new methods and business tools used by the agency.
- Works well with team members and displays courtesy and kindness in interactions.
- Written work is grammatically correct and free of errors.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time, prioritize projects and follow-up with supervisor and client on the status of projects.
- Responsive and prompt in providing updates and feedback.
- Detail-oriented, organized and professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR or Marketing/Communications or related field from a four-year college or university required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successfully function in a fast-paced environment: multi-task; organized; dedicated; independent thinker.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); experience using Mac/Apple software and/or Adobe programs.
- Advertising/PR agency experience preferred.
- Comments: Job requires invention, imagination, originality and talent, and contribution of unique interpretation and analysis.
Sound good to you? Let us know why you’re fit for the job by applying with a resume at https://easyapply.co/a/13ba1c37-28d9-4dcc-8f6c-2e8ad7b206d9
*And now for the fine print: Writing samples will be requested prior to interviews. No phone calls. Local candidates or candidates willing to relocate themselves if not currently residing in the New Orleans, Baton Rouge area only, please. All submissions are confidential. We are an EOE.
Zehnder Communications is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled