Deep Fried Advertising is a boutique creative and interactive agency located in New Orleans. We are an agile team dedicated to creating beautiful, unique and well-executed solutions. We pride ourselves on our client relationships, dependable service, rich talent and adaptive design and development skills. We seek problem-solvers who do awesome work and are proud of it.
We are searching for a full-time, senior or mid-level front-end developer to work in conjunction with the team and clients to develop and produce beautiful web and interactive projects.
Web / Dev / Technical Skills
- Front-end: HTML5, CSS3 (flexbox, grid) and JS (ES6/7/8, jQuery, ReactJS)
- Back-end development: PHP, GatsbyJS / Next.js
- WordPress: block editor, custom themes, custom plugin development; familiar with hooks, actions & filters
- E-commerce: WooCommerce, Shopify and/or Squarespace
- Cross-browser testing: IE11+
- Git: must be able to manage merge conflicts
- Servers: CDN, DNS and SSL setup and management
- REST APIs: making requests, integrating third-party data
- Team management / leadership / project management
- Code within a team environment on shared projects
- Estimate task/project difficulty, requirements and timelines
- Cloud-based project management software (will be trained)
- Adapt solutions to meet varying client goals
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Back-end / full stack development
- Familiar with BEM, SMACSS, OOCSS or other naming conventions
- Payment gateway experience: PayPal, FirstData, Stripe, etc.
- Responsive design and/or UX strategy
- Motion Graphics / After Effects / video and audio integration
- SEO, Google Analytics, and Landing Pages
- Email marketing campaigns
- Basic understanding of typography and color theory
- Macintosh environment
- New Orleans office
- Budget time appropriately and respect client budgets
- Must use time tracking software (provided)
- Demonstrate flexibility in a team environment, as well as leadership when called upon
- Eagerness to learn and sense of humor
- Local candidates only. No recruiters.
We are looking for talent. Show us projects that made it to production as well as anything you’ve posted to Github or Codepen.
Pay & Benefits
This is a full-time position. Salaried pay commensurate with experience, proficiency and skill set. Full-time benefits include: PTO, 10 holidays, health insurance, 401(k) and short-term disability. Some of our benefits / perks are listed here. We do some fun stuff over here and are looking for eager and talented individuals who want to join our team and be part of the growing Deep Fried family.
To Apply, see this link:
To see the listing, see this link: