Your Role in the PETERMAYER Cosmos
A PETERMAYER Public Relations Account Executive performs the following tasks:
- Supports traditional media relations efforts of overall client PR campaigns, including but not limited to:
- Developing PR plans for client campaigns, as well as press materials, key messaging and talking points
- Establishing and maintaining relationships at appropriate local, regional, and national level media outlets pertinent to agency and client objectives
- Building and managing media databases, creating, and distributing pitches and press materials, and tracking results of all media and influencer outreach
- Executing and staffing client-related functions, press trips, news conferences, special events, etc.
- Develops and implements digital influencer-focused initiatives and programs to support overall client public relations objectives
- Manages cost estimates and expenses related to servicing accounts
- Creates detailed client reports in various formats
- Reports to the Director of Public Relations
Your Department in the PETERMAYER Cosmos
The Public Relations team as a whole has the following accountability:
- Works to ensure public relations and digital influencer programs contribute to achieving client marketing objectives, resulting in profit for the agency and strong and lasting client/agency relationships
What We Value in Our Universe
Our Agency’s Guiding Principles are as follows:
- We exist to help our clients achieve their marketing objectives.
- Working as partners, we produce smart, creative solutions based on the principles of strategic marketing.
- We quantify and measure our success based on the achievement of our partners’ objectives.
- Integrity prevails in every facet of our business.
- We will have a little fun along the way.
What It Takes
The Public Relations Account Executive position requires the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related major
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing/public relations/social media in an agency, corporate public relations or social media department or equivalent combination of agency and PR-related experience
- Solid knowledge of public relations, media relations, marketing, and social media principles and practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The desire to achieve, grow, and go above and beyond the ordinary
- Experience with consumer packaged goods and the culinary industry is especially desired