The Public Affairs Manager (“Manager”) will serve as a communications specialist that will be based in-house with one of our Clients.
Manager will provide direct support for Client’s community outreach efforts as well as perform the following job responsibilities. This will include:Assist with content, design, and management of the website and social media presence. Additionally, provide support to the web and social media content manger as needed by providing content, assisting with monthly reporting, suggesting new and innovative ways to use web communication, and ensuring compliance with regulations regarding web and social media content.
• Maintain strong relationships with local, regional, and national media by facilitating media engagements. Write and disseminate news releases as needed and ensures team members are prepared for interviews by developing and writing talking points and presentations.
• Immediately addresses any factually incorrect or misrepresented content.
• Foster community understanding of the Client’s mission, daily operations, and impacts by acting as spokesperson at meetings with public officials, partner meetings, neighborhood associations, residents, etc.
• Advise the Client team on public issues and ensures highly technical, and sometimes controversial, information provided by employees is easily understood by the general public.
• Develop and implement communication strategies, programs, and materials to enhance understanding among various public stakeholders and partners.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of information program strategies used to inform public stakeholders and partners.
• Suggest new or modified plans to improve public perception or understanding.
• Develop information materials such as news releases, media advisories, web and social media content, briefings, fact sheets, fliers, and communication plans.
• Coordinate responses on Client’s external hotline with appropriate internal client team members
• Respond to questions and comments received to the Client’s public email account.
• Attends monthly status meetings in order to fully understand the projects and relay any information needed to the public.
• Support the Client’s community relations efforts by organizing, coordinating and facilitating an average of one community meeting a month. In addition to agency organized meetings, represents the Client at city and state meetings as well as community organized meetings.
• Advise leadership and makes recommendations regarding key strategic communication efforts.
• Monitor and provides assessments of community climate, tone and expectations
• Collect data and creates bi-weekly reports for the Public Affairs Office which includes media engagements, community engagements, social media and web reporting, and upcoming events.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of three to five years of project management and/or event production experience
- Well rounded production experience having worked in multiple phases of event production
- Strong management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time position based in New Orleans. We offer a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, major medical benefits, paid vacation accrual, retirement, and ongoing professional development.
Interested candidates please send portfolio and resumes to email@example.com.